Friday, January 19, 2007

One Thousand Paintings

This is interesting... The fellow has painted the numbers between (and including) 1 & 1,000 and is selling each of them online. Each number has information (from wikipedia) posted about whatever mathematical properties might be associated with it. The fellow has sold over 700 of the numbers already. He also includes estimates of what your number might be worth after say, 800-900 have sold. I looked, if I could afford such a painting the numbers I might choose have already sold.

One Thousand Paintings

5 comments:

Shelli said...

hi La Boo-ness!!
happy Friday!!
are you and the Gord-ster going to be at Sam's Fashion Show tomorrow nite?
Myra's daughter Katie's going to be a model in it!!

Biddie said...

I would have to say that I'm absolutely amazed that this idea even flew .......

If he had done each # as a unique entity with different colors, fonts, moods, rotations, whatever, etc., I could more understand the interest - even with my affinity to numbers, this is something that I don't understand.

Absolutely fascinating what the human mind will respond to ....

Michael-Ann said...

My sentiments too...But i am intrigued by the mathematical equation that was applied to derive the value: $1000 minus "the number" was the initial value, then after each 100 sells a percentage is added (or subtracted depending on how you look at it) to determine the value of the remaining paintings up for sale.

I wonder what the last painting up for sale will go for? Which number will it be and with the final adjustment after the 900th painting sells...cool!

Biddie said...

Hey - if you are still around - go ck my blog - I broke the code and can now upload text/pic combos to the blog ......

Biddie said...

P.S. If you haven't already figured out his math formula, I'll take a crack at it .....

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...