Sunday, January 21, 2007

Shameless plug for contributions


I want content, and YES it is because I have not thought this out completely, none the less I STILL think there is something of "value" in it. You are wondering: What the hell is she talking about?!

Quite some time ago, I came up with this website as a submission to Houston's Watershed Art Project contest to try to win a spot on a single billboard in Houston. I didn't "win" in fact, it was kind of funny as I suspect I might have been the only entry at some point because they kept emailing out notifications that the deadline for entry had been extended, i.e. we don't really like the entries we received so we are keeping our fingers crossed that SOMEONE enters SOMETHING good. Regardless, I STILL think there is good in this.

The website is Art Is Good For You.
There are currently three sections to this, the main section being a collection of hyperlinks to Houston artist's websites... yes! I want more links but don't have the patience to try to find them all myself.

The second section is meant to be a collection of memoriable art experiences...pictures and/or stories... the idea is that someone (who doesn't already) might be enticed into exploring the art world seeking similiar deep and meaningful experiences as should be posted. Please send me stuff as my "stuff" is the only stuff on there right now and I feel naked and am becoming embarrassed.

The third section was added a couple of nights ago. It is intended to be a "Personal Ad" exchange between artists and art collectors. Please write me something, what would your ad read?

Thank you bunches (in advance) for finding any merit at all in this and considering helping me with this endeavor by submitting SOMETHING.... cheers!

3 comments:

JaneDoughnut said...

There is value in it.

A friend of mine from Houston frequently and cryptically mentions Super Happy Fun Land. Now I finally know what she's talking about. Thanks for the links.

Biddie said...

It took me a few minutes to figure out what this post was trying to say ....

Do you accept business cards and/or ads from FL?

Michael-Ann said...

Thank you JaneDoughnut... By the way, You write very well... I can't write worth beans but I can sure identify good writers when I see them. I have yet to go to Super Happy Fun Land but i have heard a LOT about that place.

Mom, maybe I need to think it out some more then perhaps I can explain my intention clearly. I was also thinking about opening up the website to where ever but am deciding on how I will structure the site so it is somewhat organized... by state ya think?

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...