Saturday, December 09, 2006

thoughts...

Wow! When I look at this picture of you Mom, it takes me back places i have never been yet are strangely familiar. Perhaps the little girl in the swimsuit there in the middle seems so familiar to me because she was the one ever-quietly-present and watching from inside the much different mom who raised me?

wild!

On a completely different note, I can NOT believe that Charlie Fisher allowed you to have the swimsuit your little friend borrowed - showing belly-button?!!!

Love you Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Francis was such a skinny little waif in those days (the rest of her family were normal-sized) that it was amazing she could even get the suit to stay on in a respectable manner - on me, it fit quite properly - no unauthorized skin showed at all.

That "sidewalk" behind us was at the top of the steps to the seawall - you can just get a glimpse of the Lake behind Francis.

Remember those old clamp-on skates with the metal wheels? My family occasionally came out here for picnics (a New Orleans tradition back in those days to get away from the heat). I was allowed to skate a designated distance on that sidewalk in either direction - Daddy pointed out markers which were my endpoints where I had to turn around and skate back the other way - probably in the vicinity of a half-mile all together.

Ah, the freedom, the breezes .... my version of what Cheryl's bike was to her ......

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...