Saturday, January 13, 2007

Beliefnet bits from today

I find this latest email a VERY encouraging form of hope for the hopeless like me!

You should know that so far as Buddha-nature is concerned, there is no difference between an enlightened man and an ignorant one. What makes the difference is that one realizes it, while the other is ignorant of it.

Me thinks Hui Neng was on to something very important! This could mean I am only one-step away from fulfilling my desire to be enlightened... I wonder if this means I can give up on the OTHER lesson I've been working on:

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you will be ready..."

No comments:

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...