Monday, November 20, 2006

Via Colori Houston 2006


What a great weekend for doing street paintings! I met so many nice people and got to catch up with artists whom I haven't seen in awhile. I think Via Colori was a great success and can't wait to do it again next year. This was by far one of the funnest art events I have participated in awhile.

My square sponsor was Knapp Chevrolet of Houston, who donated $1,000 dollars to sponsor my 6'x6' square... as an added bonus I got my picture taken with Knapp's Mascot "Snappy." I think someone told me that sponsorships alone raised $200,000 for The Center for Hearing and Speech in Houston.

Here's a link to the rest of my pics on Flickr.com

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Wow - that's beautiful .....

better than the original !!

Cheryl said...

I loved looking at your pictures of the event, and your work is gorgeous. Wonderful job, congrats!!

Suzanne said...

or should I correct myself, in this case, drawer...;)

Mitch! said...

You and Slappy, look so happy!

Michael-Ann said...

HEY! Thanks ya'll!! :)

p.s. Snappy was really a lil' Hispanic woman sweating her butt off inside that gator, but don't tell anyone that I told you so.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...