Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good Morning! There is so much happening in the art world right now, I think I'm on the verge of a panic attack. Coming up on Saturday, November 18th: The Art Crawl. It is looking like perhaps I will be sharing a studio with the very talented artist Tim Dean Snider... But Gordy will graciously be filling in for me at the Elder Street Artist Lofts until I am finished for the day working on my 6'x6' square of pavement on Allen Parkway for Via Colori (this event continues on through Sunday the 19th). THEN, also happening Saturday night is the Hight Cigar Box auction at M2 Gallery in the Heights.

Elder Street Artist Loft is one of the nicest artist collectives in Houston, I learned about this place during the last inner-corridor art crawl. That was when I got to see the studio of the artist Susan Goettsche, she lives and works in her studio, as well as hosts public art events like the "Compelled" show a few months ago, and the upcoming fund-raiser for the Crockett Elementary Fine Arts After-school Program on December 2nd.

This Sunday the plan is to meet up with Terrence Boggs and Tim D. Snider to look over the two-level studio at Elder Street and determine what needs to be done for lighting and hanging preparation. I am kind of excited about this as it fulfills my desire to see what it would be like to actually have a working studio. I know Gordy would be happy if he didn't have to trip over all my paint stuff scattered about the house.


On another note, I have been mulling over what I wanted to do for Via Colori, and I'm thinking about doing a copy of one of my favorite pastel works by Degas but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should do something original instead. There is an artist orientation on Friday the 17th and maybe after I hear what they have to say I will make a final decision... I'm so flaky, can't ever make up my mind!

Adding to my panic because it is coming up real QUICK... "Imbued" at Elder Street which should be a great exhibition, the turnout for Elderstreet's last show was fantastic.

No comments:

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...