Wednesday, November 08, 2006

hmmmmm...

Kinky's voters showed dismally... or well, perhaps there just weren't enough of 'em. Every where I went I heard his name and felt sure that he would have a stronger presence in the numbers race. I did hear many people waver between Bell and Kinky... i did too. I also heard people say a vote for Kinky was a vote for Perry. It looks like that is exactly what happened.

NYTimes election results for Texas:

Perry: 1,708,833
Bell: 1,302,251
Strayhorn: 786,109
Friedman: 551,325
Werner: 26,619

If you add Kinky's votes to Bell's then you have Bell winning by approximately 100,000 votes.

So i wonder who DIDN'T vote, (according to the news this morning 50% of registered voters did NOT) and who would they have been likely to vote for if they had. How many people have i heard say "I'm so disgusted with everything that I won't vote at all." If all those people got off their duffs and voted, what would the election results look like today? I wonder. To all those registered voters who elect not to vote i say this: Political change comes slowly, even slower to those who don't vote. You have limited opportunity to make small changes, small changes add up to large changes, so stop making excuses and vote. Every time you choose not to vote you must come to terms with the fact that you are less likely to see anything politically different in your lifetime then what you dissapprove of now.

And now for something completely different, I had not seen my cell phone since last Saturday night and FINALLY stumbled across it this morning whilst doing the farm chores. Pitiful little device had lost all its charge...poor little dead, neglected cell phone. Everything is gonna be okay now, momma has you on the charger and you'll be like new in an hour.

2 comments:

MarcTwyman said...

I knew that Bell had a better shot but there is no way I would have not voted for Kinky.

It was the best I have felt about any individual vote in a long time.

Michael-Ann said...

Hey Marc! This is the first time that I was really surprised by the outcome of an election... My heart felt so heavy the moment I turned on the TV to see what was happening. i truly believed Kinky was going to make enough of a numbers impact to force others to turn their head and say..."shit we better start doing something different."

Your right though, it did feel good voting for him.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...