Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ubelda Mary Deptuch


Photo is from 1985, We decided we needed a vacation, but not being able to take one... we had ourselves a mini-vacation in the front yard. From left to right: Brenda, Me, & Belle

Someone has tried to look at this post a couple of times, I had unpublished it after not being able to ever adequately express my feelings and do Bellda-loo any bit of justice. I'm afraid I still can't, but will put this back for who ever keeps trying to see this post.

She was my good friend of 25 years, She hated her name, no one to my knowledge was allowed to call her "Ubelda" accept me. I honestly loved her name, especially that she was named after one of her grandmothers. Maybe that's why she let me get away not only with calling her by her real name, but even having her paged over the intercom by it, when we happened to be out in public together. We shared many a good time, as well as tough times together.

Bellda-Lou, you were the hardest-working, most honest person I have ever known, who never once EVER felt sorry for herself...I love you! I will miss you.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Is the daughter's name Danielle? If so somehow I got a message over the phone meant for her, just so you know.

My sympathies to her family and to you for the loss of a loved one.

Michael-Ann said...

Yes, her daughter is Danielle... Oh! I bet that was this afternoon, you got my text message? I wasn't sure which number to send it to, I was a little confused...I'm sorry! I was trying to check in with her from work when I couldn't call.

I just don't know what that little family is going to do without Belle manning the ship.

Cheryl said...

Is she the lady that had the two dobermans? If so I remember her, she seemed like a very warmhearted woman from the little bit I met her.

Hope her family is doing ok.

Biddie said...

Bel was a very special person - I only saw her a couple of times but really liked her. So sorry to hear of her passing - I hope that her little family can pull together and continued on - Bel was such a strong-hold for them.

Michael-Ann said...

Hi Mom, and thank you... I think Belle's son John Michael really stepped up to the plate with taking care of the arrangements. I got a text message from him a couple days after the service, it said "I'm going to be all right, love you." I'm not sure how Belle's husband is doing, but John Michael will keep an eye out on his sisters.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...