Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Calling all kitties

I managed to get a really blurry pic of mini at a food bowl tonight, or rather the reflective back-side of his eyeballs. Frightened off our friend Mr. Rackewn in the process.
Yesterday a little tiny kitten showed up in the feral-cat commune. When I tell people someone dumped a kitten on me, they always ask "How do you know it was dumped?" - truth is, I don't. Past experience tells me when a little tiny kitten shows up it is usually because a desperate stray mom has found a source of food and led her little furry entourage to it. Tiny kitties don't usually show up all by themselves.

The other cats seem to be tolerating his presence.

For now, I'm calling the little fellar "mini sirloin burger."

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh jeez, just what you need huh, another kitty. Between Mom, you, and I, we must have a vibe out there in the world that critters home in on.

But what can you do when a wee little starving bit of fluff shows up on your doorstep?

:)

How's Sir Burger doing tonight?

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I asked that very thing! Hyuk hyuk :)

Cheryl said...

Jamie :)

Michael-Ann said...

Hi there! I tried numerous times tonight to get Mini Sirloin Burger's pic... but he's an elusive little bugger.

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

hi Aunt cheryl!

Cheryl said...

Hi Jamie :) Are you still gardening?

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Nope. Our yard is overrun with poison ivy :(

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Mom!

I may go to grad school in Houston. Who knows!

Michael-Ann said...

Hoot!

That would be awesome ;-)

Cheryl said...

Jamie, I am so happy for you that you've done so well with school. I know you've worked hard, and that you've pulled in the grades that you have is really awesome. Good job!!!

Biddie said...

a belated "howdy all" !! Great eyeball shot there.
I have a very wild and cautious little kitten living in my shed with its momma right now - momma is very wild also - not sure how this is going to work out ....

Good luck there Jamie!!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...