Saturday, July 18, 2009

So many photos!


I've pretty much scanned all the negatives in the package Cheryl sent. For some strange reason, a handful of darker negatives will not scan no matter what we do and I think we will need to find a local camera shop who can try to develop them. But for now, there are plenty of images for you to take in. Its fascinating to see these informal pics as there is so much more expression in them over studio portraits. I could go on and on about all this, but will just stop here and post the links to the sets on flickr.

I think there is little question that Dad and Dee Dee have a half-sister who was born about 16 years before Dad was. Now the mystery is, who was Herbert's first wife? What happened to her and her daughter? and why the heck did Herbert change his name?

1926 A day at Asbury Park in New Jersey
1926 Cobossee Inn
1927 Canada Trip
1927 Camp Penonali
1927 Hanover
1924-27 Mixed Images

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You've got me totally hooked into this stuff...it's really fascinating!

What do you think of the little girl?

Biddie said...

Amazing find!! Thanks for taking the time to put these pictures up. So glad that you all and your cousin found each other.

I could only make my way through the Asbury Park and Cobbossee Inn pictures - I'll be back to see the rest ....

Biddie said...

whew! worked my way through the Hanover and Canada trips ... what trips!

P.S. do you know who "secojo" is that marked several of the photos as their favorites??

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...