Monday, June 29, 2009

At 9:52 am - 92° already.

I hate to moan and groan about this so much, but i guess getting older just makes me less and less tolerant of the heat and more entitled to saying it sucks.

Good news is that we have the highest percent chance of rain this evening we have had since all this nasty heat kicked in - 30%!

I could try to look on the bright side of this and think about how the mosquito population has dwindled with the lack of rain.

On to other "news."

I started the compost pile again. This time around I am going to include newspaper from the bird cages and paper towels. I picked up one small bucket with a handle for all the food scraps to go into (and pledged to take the scraps out everyday without fail). Also got a slightly larger bucket to place just outside the backdoor in the event that life gets stressed and crazy and for whatever reason i rationalize that I simply can't make it out to the back of the yard where my pile is located.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

The heat here is getting to me also - maybe it's time reconsider that move to Nova Scotia!

I've always heard that without extreme ranges of temp (like in the Artic winter or in the African desert summer), it's easier to get warm in cold weather than it is to stay cool in hot weather.

Haven't started my compost pile yet altho' I do have a pile of branches and the like that have been piled up for such a long time that they have started decomposing ....

Michael-Ann said...

If i hadn't been told that Nova Scotia gets so cold in the winter that it virtually battens down the hatches and hibernates through the season, I would be all over that idea Mom! I'd go crazier if I had to stay cooped up in a little house for a month or more.

Cheryl said...

Heh, heh...what's wrong with crazy??

Just kidding, it is true that winters up here can drive you bonkers...just the living in gray tones for months on end can do it's work on your psyche.

The last couple of days have been mid 80's and muggy...doesn't sound like much to either of you but boy do I sweat quite unladylike in this stew.

Around midnight I heard the skies open up with another deluge. Really extreme weather we've had with all this rain!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...