Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a moment from history :)



The year is 1989, and it is a beautiful sunny day (15th of July)... They had finished the section of Beltway 8 near I-10/Gessner in Houston, TX... In celebration, a concert was given on the Beltway (before it was opened to traffic obviously :) and I drug my two young daughters there to hear the band who's hit song caused them both to walk and dance like Egyptians for months on end... The Bangles.

I wonder if my girls remember the first concert/road party they ever attended?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

My first one was an outdoor Styx concert when I was 12...I went with a friend that was 13 and her half-way house delinquent boyfriend. Little did I know that I would one day be as drunk as many of the concert attendees...It was an eye opener for sure :) I remember little of the actual concert. Now that I look back on it, my mother was insane to allow me to go to such an event.

Biddie said...

I loved that "...Egyptian ..." song also! Did my share of moving my head side to side in front of a mirror - never did quite look authentic ....

I'm sure the gals remember it well!!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...