Friday, June 15, 2007

Nothing like a little bit of music...

... to usher ya through the day. Normally I don't listen to music at work because I have to keep an ear out for calls coming in...but today, screw it, I need some music! Got my headphones locked on and the music is bouncing around in my brain like a happy little ferret with a new toy. *grin*

Current tunes: Dream Baby (Roy Orbison), A Case of You (Joni Mitchell), Beautiful World (Colin Hay), We (The Roches), Down to Zero (Joan Armatrading), Free Fallin (Tom Petty) All of Rickie Lee Jones' album "Flying Cowboys" - oh man, I have always loved this album... digginonnit.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

hey! you got great taste in music -- love all that you mentioned except I'm not as familiar with the Rickie Lee Jones album...I'll have to check it out! hope you are all is well! C

Michael-Ann said...

Hey Mz. C :D Good Morning!!!!!

mike macgirvin said...

Country Weather (Boy Without a Home), Django Rheinhardt (Live in Brussels), and AC-DC (Shoot to Thrill).

Michael-Ann said...

G'Day Mr. Macgirvin!!! I'm gonna have to check out the Country Weather Boy... This is a VERY interesting selection you have here :)

mike macgirvin said...

Good luck. Country Weather disbanded in 1971 or 1972.

But never fear, you can find their recently released double album over on my website. You'll have to sign in as I've restricted this to family and friends. The record company wanted $50 for a vinyl only copy. Gak. I sold my last record player.

Look on the music link and you'll want the second Country Weather album. I happen to have been in the audience that evening.

Michael-Ann said...

Damn! I am BAD! I knew you had done the band thing - but totally did not recall the name... sorry Mike!

Biddie said...

Hey - good morning! I'm not up on a lot of music but I sure know Roy Orbison's voice - loved to come across any of his songs.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...