Tuesday, June 29, 2010

so what up you might be wondering...

...folks pretty much know I've been painting again. It feels good to be inspired and have the time to focus on it. I just submitted an entry to be considered for a group show at one of my favorite art places, Winterstreet Studios. The show asks artists to find their own connection between art and quantum physics, with the theme being "The Door to the Future."

I don't know if I will be accepted, but either way it sounds very interesting and I would like to check out the show. This facebook page tells you more about it:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134036243292761

G has got us both on the Paleo Diet. I was curious about alternatives to grain products like lasagna noodles and tortillas and looked to the Raw Food Diet for some inspiration. I found a couple intriguing little recipes I want to try. One is a mock-bacon that uses coconut meat from a young coco, which is then marinated in Braggs aminos (similar to a soy sauce) overnight and then dehydrated. With some difficulty I cracked open two coconuts this morning and scooped out the meat that is now marinating in the fridge. Will let you know how this turns out in a day or so.

I need to mow the lawn something fierce... the trees are competing with the grass for sunlight.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

Quantum Physics ?!?!? Well, this should be a fascinating experience - I'd love to be there to see what all you far-out imaginative types come up with.

Good Luck - go get 'em girl!!!!

That diet sounds strange - sort of like an organic quantum physics - you just don't know what goes on at the micro-micro level in those sauces ((grin))

Cheryl said...

That's odd, I had commented before...well, at least I thought I did.
I'm glad you're painting again :) Which one are you entering, or have you painted it yet?
No way would I eat cocobacon.

Michael-Ann said...

The diet is basically removing grains/legumes from your diet. Yesterday I had tuna salad for lunch and fajitas for dinner. I used romaine lettuce leaves as wraps instead of bread and tortillas, was quite good.

Won't know for quite some time if I make it into the show - I hope so, it will be the first group show for me in a few years.

Cheryl, I bet the blog ate it... seems like that happens every now and then (or at least to me)

As odd as this cocobacon sounds I swear smells delicious. I can't wait to taste it!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...