Monday, October 26, 2009

Deer Head!

While visiting with the girls Saturday we stopped at a resale shop that was packed floor to ceiling with a LOT of stuff. Jamie picked up this wooden deer head. We had a great time on the way back to Jamie's house, she held the deer head out the window like a dog might do, moving the head around as if the deer head was checking out people in cars next to us. It was pretty funny.
Within one night Jamie transformed it into a great dia de los muertos work of art.

Here's some pics off my phone from when we loaded Chels' VW to take it to it's new home. Thank goodness for come-alongs!



Here's one I took just after getting to Chels' house

3 comments:

Biddie said...

ah ha!!! the mystery has been solved - the mystery vehicle that was mentioned over on Cheryl's blog I now see was a rental and now I remember you mentioning in a prior post .... obviously, a senior moment on my part!!

Jamie's transformation of the deer head is very striking - looks quite mod!!

Michael-Ann said...

*grin* I don't recall if I mentioned the uHaul before or not - senior moments had by all!

If I ever come across another wooden deer head, I'm going to try and talk her into making one for me, I love it!

Cheryl said...

The deer head is really cool, I didn't know Jamie has your artistic genes.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...