Monday, August 06, 2007

a good day to start posting again

it was this day, 25 years ago that a miracle happened in my life. My faith in a greater something was ressurrected and i was overwhelmed with a love i had never known before... this was the day that i held my first-born daughter, Chelsea, in my arms... fresh outta the womb indeed!

Adventuresome, sunshine, laughing, gentle, lil' momma, earth-mother, hamster- Chelseawinnmyffs... Happy Birthday Hon!

Without a doubt, my children have been my salvation... infinite smiles and laughter, unconditional love, learning how important it is to honestly represent yourself in the eyes of your children and as a result finding out i was actually a good person, and the triumphant discovery of personal strengths I had not realized i had in me before - as I could not allow them to see me fail or have them go hungry as a result of my inability.

that isn't to say that while growing up my kiddos did not have do deal with a lot of difficulty as a direct result of being my children... but we managed to make it together... and such marvelous adults they have become!

25 years ago today I received the first of many wonderful gifts in my life, i am so grateful! I love you so much.

6 comments:

Shelli said...

happy BD Chelsea!!! Mikie, we sure missed seein you and Gordie at White Linen Nites! we need to get together soon and do another painting colaboration, eh?

Michael-Ann said...

:( and damn i missed you too!! G was outta town and I was all ready to see everyone (even bought a new pair of bluejeans!) Fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until after 9!!! I was so pissed at myself!

I am enjoying your Simple Abundance book... have it near the bed and periodically slip off to flop on the bed and quietly take in a few words every so often :)

ya know I would love to do another collaboration with you - that was really a LOT of fun.

LOBO said...

Happy Birthday to her!! :)

Biddie said...

This is a very beautiful birthday message to Chels .... I love having a daughter that can articulate her feelings about her children like this!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Scrappy napday, SEESTOR!

Shelli said...

you simply name the time and place, and i'll be there! w/ bells and whistles on!!! LOL
so glad you're enjoying the bk!
miss you bunches!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...