Friday, March 30, 2007

Idle Questions to be read out loud

Who do I hold to some higher level of expectation? Who do I hold accountable for each syllable they let fall from their mouth?

On the other hand, who exists near and dear to my heart because I am somehow able to explain their faults? Who is it allowed to prick my sense of self-importance reaping the reward of my laughter and not my anger in the form of a defensive response?

Whose words do I listen to, perhaps consider changing my stance for, and whose words are assumed to belong to someone who just doesn't understand?

Personal choices based on what process of elimination? What motivates those choices? What fires are fueled by them?

What is gained? What is lost?

9 comments:

Shelli said...

i could only hope that what spews forth from my mouth makes you laugh or smile!

Michael-Ann said...

Michelle you should never have to worry about that sort of thing... NEVER seen you "filter" anyone out of your heart despite the fact that I know you have not always had a fair deal yourself in life.

Never seen you be spiteful, or dismissive... infact, quite the opposite, as every time I have been in your company I have noticed that you don't let a single person get past you without your somehow reminding them just how special they are to you.

I know you have rough personal times, but even then it seems you go to great lengths to keep those times to yourself perhaps not wanting anyone to "suffer" at your expense.

Suffice it to say, you ALWAYS make me (and everyone else around you) smile.

Love you Mz Shelli~!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I just made a decision to poop.

And now I shall endure the consequences! The stinky, stinky consequences...

Michael-Ann said...

Hey! No pooping HERE!

How are you poopy?
:) sMOOcheeze

Mitch! said...

John Lennon of course.

Michael-Ann said...

I think I have deleted those comments that conveyed more than you desire.

I am sorry that I am to you the type of person who without care fillets my loved ones for the world to see.

Might I add in my defense that practically all your anger defies the keeping your secret.

Michael-Ann said...

never mind that you have indulged in "laying me out" as you call it, but I think I deleted those too

Cheryl said...

Goodbye.

Shelli said...

my dearest Michael-Ann,
oh, WOW-age!!! i think you made my YEAR!! why, i'm almost speechless! LOL
you are such a special person. and i need to find a way to spend more time w/ you. not only are you a great person and friend. but a gifted artist and a talented writer as well. plus i'm sure you have other talents i'm not even aware of.
love you 2 Boo!!!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...