Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Baked potatoes loaded with Korean BBQ, zucchini muffins, and more damn kittens

It has been raining on and off all day. There's been no sunshine at all so the temperature has dropped to a slightly less intolerable level of heat. I've got a batch of zucchini muffins baking in the oven right now and the house is smelling loved. Gordy and I rarely eat sweets, so I rarely-if-ever bake sweet things. Last week, I couldn't bring myself to throw away overripe bananas and decided, what the hell, make banana muffins. Turns out Gordy REALLY likes having muffins in the morning. So I am making a fresh batch today to replenish our muffin stash.

Here's the recipe I made:

http://www.wellplated.com/healthy-zucchini-muffins/#

The only thing I changed with the recipe was adding some hemp seed and the zest of 1/2 lemon to brighten them a little.

As for dinner: baked potatoes loaded with Korean BBQ and all the fixings. The Korean BBQ is a cheater dish, a prepared thing we got from Costco.

On another note, the little stray black cat (I call her "Deuce," as in someone dropped a deuce on me) that has been hanging around the house lately, revealed her not-so-precious brood of five to me during today's rain storms...not cool, Deuce. I really don't think I can take any more of this cat problem that used to be my home and my life. Deuce had apparently moved her crew to higher ground within the open cockpit of the forgotten dreams sailboat doomed to dry dock in the driveway. The problem with Deuce's logic is that the cockpit tends to drain much slower than it fills during a heavy rain. I heard kittens crying and followed it until I located the five very wet and upset kittens. It is no wonder that my usual crew of spayed/neutered free range ferals were not wanting to hang around the house lately. They are as fond of kittens as I am.

I found another adult fairy tale to watch tonight. It's called "Tale of Tales."

More illumination of my state of insanity to come...

No comments:

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...