Sunday, April 25, 2010

Update on G in the Hermann Memorial Half-Ironman

There is a website that has "live" updates on the athletes in the Half-Ironman. I've been waiting to see what G's time is at the next checkpoint of the bicycling leg... I don't think the stats are quite as live as the word "live" would indicate.

I can see that he swam the 1.2 miles in 46 minutes. I can't find anything on the news this morning about the wind and water conditions, but i do know that event-holders cancelled the swim leg of yesterday's races because the choppy water was too dangerous. They said they would not cancel today's swim leg no matter what.

Here is the website that has the athlete tracker, G's number is 1002.
http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/lonestar70.3?show=tracker

He is listed as 34th place of his division (men, age 50-54)...GO G!

4 comments:

Biddie said...

OMG - he is going to be SOOOO tired!!! And he has to load up and drive home yet. I hope he is OK!!!
But I hope that he is comfortable with his results. I looked at the website but couldn't figure out his final results in that quick glance.

I guess that it's over now since there were results for the 3 different sections. Go Gordy, for sure!!!!

Cheryl said...

Good luck to Gordy :)

Cheryl said...

I was going to post up some pics of the mud maiden, but I'm too tuckered and will do it tomorrow a.m.

I loved our long distance gardening chat today :)

Cheryl said...

Good morning, good morning to yoooooooooo!!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...