Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Entrance Gate to Joshua's Native Plants


Entrance Gate to Joshua's Native Plants
Originally uploaded by Michael-Ann

Today I FINALLY got around to checking out this nursery located in the Historic Houston Heights. WOW! What a neat little place... amongst the many unique and beautiful plants are fountains and antiques and folk art stuff. I had a wonderful time browsing around.

I could not resist bringing home a few treasures from the place: some Thai Basil, a small sassafras tree, AND a hybrid thornless blackberry bush :-))

I think I have made a decision about school. How does a Bachelor of Fine Arts (studio) in Painting sound to you? I've always wished I had some formal training. I feel very self-indulgent with my decision. I've always had this feeling that art was not something I should consider a means for making a living, but G keeps insisting I should not think about having to make a living and go with this.

For my minor I'm still trying to decide: visual studies, marketing, or management.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sassafras tree, eh? You'll have to put up a pic, I'm curious what it looks like :) That sounds like it was a fun place to explore.

Hey, if that decision makes you happy & speaks to your heart I'm all for it and think it's a wonderful idea. I don't think it's self indulgent, but even if it were you deserve a little indulgence for yourself ~ you've earned it.

Maybe I could get my old ass back into school, shake some of the cobwebs out of my mind before I go barmy out here in the woods, lol.

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

YAYYYYY!!!! MOM! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUU!!!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

YAYYYYY!!!! MOM! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUU!!!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I'm Doubly happy for youuuu!!!

Biddie said...

It's not indulgent to study in detail that which you are naturally good in and are interested in - it's a wise choice because even in the dull times in that field, your overall interest will make it worth while.

I don't know what fine arts (studio) implies - what is the scope of this study area? I think maybe a combined minor in business/marketing (if you can get your head into it) would be a good pragmatic balance to the art. Good on ya!!!!

Blackberries huh? I love them on my breakfast cereal with icy cold milk!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...