Saturday, February 06, 2010

*ugh*

Just when I thought it was tough, the past two weeks have been sooooo stressful and it all culminated yesterday with my wee spaz rasta schnauzer being in some kind of terrible pain causing her to not want to move or eat and yelping loudly when disturbed. I took her to the vet and had to explain I was in a financial position to not be able to justify any crazy expenses.

He did his best to give her a good look over and try to determine the source of her troubles. It would seem she has managed to hurt her back, to what degree is unknown. I'm almost certain our big fat lab Beaux had something to do with this. He is oblivious to his surroundings and barrels into/bounces on top off anything in his path.

So the vet prescribed a cocktail of pain and anti-inflammatory meds along with something to soften up her stool as she was a little backed up too. We have to keep her from moving around as much as possible, no stairs, no big dawgs bouncing around her.

One good thing that came out of this is that while Chi was hopped up on her pain meds last night I got in some substantial fur-trimming and matt-removal!

Wow! Just got off the phone with Gordy Jr. In Baghdad! What a nice surprise to hear his voice this morning. He sounds so good and grounded in himself. He gets to come home for leave next month, hopefully will get to see him! He said that they are in a record stretch of not being bombed -since the beginning of January. Will be so glad when he is back state-side for good.

Well... have to go do my chores and go to work, lots to do yet for the big show in Austin next week. With any luck at all we will get a favorable response to the next version of our software.

One last thing before I go... Mom! I am sorry I missed your birthday yesterday. I wasn't until LATE last night I even realized what date we were on. It was much too late to call you when I did realize, so had to leave a sleepy message in your blog. I'll try to call you today.

4 comments:

Biddie said...

Good Morning to ya .... no problem about the birthday wishes - sounds like you had a horrid week and I'm not really hopped up on birthdays anymore anyway!! But I couldn't help but chuckle that you remembered the 2 hands/5 fingers bit ..... and it is a warm-fuzzy that you did remember when you had a chance to catch your breath.

So sorry to hear about your little schnauzer - is this the little dog that you found on the highway that day we were going out to Coyote Run?

OMG - good luck on the "show-n-tell" in Austin next week. Are you going to get a chance to see Chelsea and Jamie? Please say hello to them for me ...

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Mom! Are you going to be able to come to Austin??? We could work out a small ish yard sale if you want!!

Michael-Ann said...

Hi Mom and Hootie!

Today has been another full day with a total drama-queen schnauzer who is most certainly NOT feeling good - just now getting around to head off to work.

I'm not going to Austin at all. I'll be the only one at the shop, everyone else including Gordy will be up there. He is looking forward to seeing youze all :-)

Love you bunches!

Cheryl said...

Poor Chi, I hope she is feeling better. One thing that might help when she is relaxed from pain meds is to place some ice packs along her spine. I had to do this with Boo's leg after surgery, and it really did seem to help his discomfort. I hope she recovers quickly.

I'm so glad to hear about Gordy Jr., please tell him I said hello. How much longer does he have until he can be back for good? Hopefully very soon!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...