Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mini Celebration

Yesterday, toward the end of the work day, I got a strong hankering for a margarita (or two) and sent out a text SOS to Kate and Leeroy. AT 5:05pm on the dot we met up at Dos Gallos. After our thirst for booze got stimulated we opted to park at my house and walk down to Twin Oaks for further libations in celebration of Kate's getting a new job. I am so excited for her - she has really deserved a little break-through since graduating from college.

We had a great time being loud and rowdy at the bar - and taking lots of photos of each other with Kate's kick-ass Cannon. I can't believe how well it does in low-light.

I must have needed last night worse than I thought, I'm not 100% certain but I think I may have had 6-7 margaritas and I feel down right chipper today.

Anyway, not much else to say... other than it is nice to be around these younguns.

11 comments:

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I'm jealous!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I'm jealous!

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I'm twice as jealous! (Didn't mean for that to post twice. Heheeeeee)

Michael-Ann said...

As you well know, I adore Kate...but more than that even, getting to be around her now and then in a small way is like being able to stay connected to you. Come to think of it, I wonder if Kate feels the same kinda way.

I sure miss having you and Chels and Jr around! I think I've watched that roller-blading-hula-hooping crash video of you at least a dozen times and I laugh out loud every single time :-) How can a mom not miss that kind of craziness???

Wubbew!

On another note... congrats on your acquisition of what has to be THE best software program suite in the world :-) You're gonna have to tell me how you like it once you get a chance to knock it around a little.

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Thaaaaaaanks! I'm pretty stoked about my new software!!

Cheryl said...

What's up, Chickenbutt?

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

Hey momma!!! I LOVE YOU!

Michael-Ann said...

Hi ya hon! Love you bunches :-))))

Hey! Who threw that HAYEM at me??!!! Cheryl I want you to know that you officially got that song stuck in my head.

Cheryl said...

Ha! I'm sitting here with a multitude of seemingly important thoughts coursing through my head and fighting a losing battle with hiccups at the same time...gosh dammit give me a malevolent ham anytime over the instability of my own diaphragm! Cursed wretched organ that it is.

Michael-Ann said...

Hahahaaa!!! I love you *hic*

I remember riding in the back of Cheryl Cay's car, scared beyond my wits watching you *hic* thinking you were gonna die from it. I was morally outraged at CC because here you were about to keel over at any moment and she would just be driving and smoking and singing to barry manilow on the radio... heartlessly oblivious to your dire condition.

Michael-Ann said...

*cursed wretched organ*

:-))) you made me laugh out loud with that one.

I think I have a few of those too.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...