Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Really great grandparents!

Today i received the copy of Gustave and Maria's (my great-grandparent's) marriage certificate from the Municipal Archives of New York.



So, now i know for certain my great-grandmother's maiden name was "Swahn."

Maria's parents (my great-great grandparent's... Jamie and Chelsea's great-great-great grandparent's!) names were "Carl Gustav Swahn" and "Emma Lind."

Gustave's parents (my great-great grandparent's... Jamie and Chelsea's great-great-great grandparent's!) names were "Emile Belin" and "Johanna Johanson."

OH! Gustave and Maria were wed November 3, 1898... their Brooklyn addresses at the time they were married were:
Gustaf "the cabinet master" (age 32): 663 DeKalb Av., and...
Maria (age 26): 211 Skillman St.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Fantastic and CONGRATULATIONS!! What a gem to come up with!!!!

Michael-Ann said...

yes i was happy to see all those names... but think my journey may stop here as don't know anything at all about researching geneology in Sweden.

which brings me to ask you Mom, you still going to send me that text document about your side of the family?? :D :D

Oldkycaver said...

For your consideration:

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
Sweden

Emma Christina Lind

Christening: 10 OCT 1841 Algutsboda, Kronoberg, Sweden

Parents:
Father: Gustaf Lind Family
Mother: Maria Louisa Carlberg

Michael-Ann said...

Hello OKC !!! Good Morning to you! You are incredible with this research.

Since you are here i hope you don't mind me telling Mom who you are...

This gentleman is THE person i told you about last weekend who has given me so much information about the family AND has told me where to go to get marriage certificates, military records, and lots of other VERY helpful information.

THANK YOU OKC!!!

Biddie said...

oooooo ... the little bit of family stuff that I did collect is in a program on a PC that I haven't turned on in a while. I'll get to it - I'll have to stir up the ol' memory paths - hope the PC fires up also!

Biddie said...

P.S. OKC - thank you for your knowledge and skill with digging out the old family stuff - it's fascinating!!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...