Thursday, March 08, 2007

Blog Against Sexism Day


Over in Becky's blog, which is ALWAYS choc-full o' wit, wisdom, and sexy content, I learned that today is Blog Against Sexism Day.

Sadly, I can't recall facts, never have been a fact person. I read or hear them, then promptly "record" my reaction or response, instead of the important bits regarding WHY my opinion was impacted.

So I can't do the right thing, and mention the names of women who helped initiate a change in mindset regarding the status of women in society. However, I am eternally grateful to those strong women who did what they did.

If they had not fought those battles, without a doubt, I would have been burned on a stake at a witch-roasting party YEARS ago.

A while back, Gordy was having some fun with me and posted this in his blog... I don't know who to give credit to for the scan of the article, nor do I know who underlined and highlighted the various parts. In 1955, in America, this was the real deal.



Clearly, a LOT has transpired within this country and within my lifetime to enable me to know (and unabashedly proclaim in writing) that I would gnaw my own arms off before pulling another cupcake out of the oven had some one tried to get me to live by this shit.

THANK YOU LADIES!

No comments:

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...