Friday, May 21, 2010

Still painting the house!

*OMG* This is day five, and gastrocnemius muscles (Didn't know that, I had to look up the scientific name for calf muscles) are screaming. The right one actually feels as if I pulled it. I am so tired of lugging around that big huge ladder and crawling in an out of the bushes with it. What the hell was I thinking when I decided to paint dark paint over light and nearly white over dark?!! As I paint the fascia and soffit dripping in sweat, all I can think of is that I have to come back again to lay down the second coat.

I do like how the new paint job has changed "the feel" of the place.

Gonna try to get pictures today in the afternoon when the light is good so you can hopefully make out the actual color. It is basically a dijon mustard kinda color. As the light changes throughout the day it can look almost beige, yellow, or even a light orange.

4 comments:

Jamie Lee Awesome said...

I'm excited to see it!!!!

Cheryl said...

I can totally relate, I had started painting the trim on the house but have to admit I didn't get too far. I admire you for sticking with it!

Painting while perched upon a ladder is hard, and finally I gave up. Put another check on the "Why getting older sucks" list ~ I felt shaky & nervous atop the ladder.

I can't wait to see your house, I bet it looks beautiful. *Nagging Alert* I hope you are drinking a lot of water while doing this to keep yourself hydrated!

Biddie said...

Hi there - now you know why house painters can charge so much - not only is it a hard job but they know that it is too much for most people to do by themselves!

Good on you for doing it - just take your time, be careful and drink that water. Years ago, when I was working on the Elissa, the mantra was that you should be drinking enough that you still need to pee even if you are sweating so much.

Sounds like a great color - especially since you can see so many different tones with light changes.

Can't wait to see the results!!

Michael-Ann said...

Whoops! Sorry I missed your comments!

I posted a couple pics on flickr Hoot... I'm afraid the yellow doesn't quite come across in the morning light though.

Cheryl, I have to admit I am not as comfortable up high on a ladder as I used to be when working on the Antares in our driveway :-)) The only thing that keeps me going is the strong desire to be done with it. At first I fully intended to paint the detached garage to match, but am beginning to be okay with leaving it just the way it is!

Mom and Cheryl, believe it or not I have been drinking water a-plenty... *blech* Gordy old me that bit about drinking enough water so that you still have to pee... I drink practically every time I get down off the ladder, I don't think I could possibly drink any more, it is still not enough!

Love you all!

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...