Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Goggles!


Gordy recently put a new carb and new battery in my scooter, so I am officially again back on two-wheels whilst toodling around town. Today, during my lunch run, I decided a pair of goggles might be a nice addition to my riding ensemble. I found these neat-looking ones made by a company in France and imported by British Classics in Florida and ordered them today. WOOT!

Next, I think I'm going to try gluing stuff on the storage compartment that can be mounted on my scooter... something to make the scooter more visible (less likely to get hit) and perhaps add a little extra fun to the ride. I've got some E6000 glue, which is what all the art car people recommend for sticking things to your car.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

A gorgeous thing of beauty thy shalt be!!!

Michael-Ann said...

*grin* well, I will certainly do my best to look like a thing of beauty, but don't know if I can pull that one off... I'm aiming more towards the crazy, eccentric bag-lady look these days, it's something I can actually achieve!

Cheryl said...

Ha!! Funny, I had asked Dave about the feasibility of a scooter with a trailer that I could load the bullies in and thus be transformed into KING OF THE ROAD (with bullies in tow)!!

He just looked at me strangely and changed the subject...

Some people just don't share the vision...

Michael-Ann said...

Oh CHERYL!!! You have got to check out this set-up... Scooter with trailer

This fellow was in a scooter-ride I went on throughout downtown. I wish we would have gotten a side-view. I stayed behind them the whole ride just because I got such a kick out of watching the two dogs with their heads sticking out rear window and tongues wagging in the wind.

You SHOULD totally consider something like this!!! What a hoot that would be!

Michael-Ann said...

That pic is a scooter with a side car... not a trailer!

Cheryl said...

:) I will show David these pics....

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...