Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day Care Entourage Scrambled Curbside


IMGP0752.JPG
Originally uploaded by Michael-Ann

During the summer it is not uncommon to see a group of day care kiddies strung together and headed for the city park that is around the corner from us. Every time I see them, I can't help but think how curious they look, all the little kids close in height being led on a rope by some caretaker, like a little group of criminals on a chain gang.

Yesterday, I was surprised to see them go by and managed to grab my camera. By the time I got my telephoto lens mounted, they were well down the street from me. As I snapped off pics hoping for a focused shot, I had no idea what the group was doing. I was taken aback at seeing one of the children had fallen--looks like some kind of child torture.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

I hope that little girl doesn't hae any scratches - that woman needs some talking to!

Found my way to the pictures of the little cottage on wheels - fine!! Actually, really fine!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow, that shot really exemplifies Child Day Care for me. While I know it's a necessary situation in our modern world, I have such a negative feeling towards it. What an evocative picture!!

Cheryl said...

P.S. I totally relate to the little girl that fell down. Whether she succumbed to hiccups, too big of feets, or instinctively understanding no good will come from following along, my heart goes out to her.

Cheryl said...

Did you submit that picture into the contest???!!!
I will nag you until you do!!

Michael-Ann said...

Ha!!! You busted me, Not yet! I'm stressing over a research paper now... However, I did get to choose my own topic, Humanure and composting potties! WOOT!

Cheryl said...

Ok...how about now? I warned you I would nag you!

And...well..that's quite a steamy subject matter you chose! Excuse me for a sec...Blllaaarrggghhh Gack Gack!!!

Sorry 'bout that. Just thought about a salad nurtured and grown in human poopy stew. I guess I'll need to read your paper.

The Morning After Jerkiness

It has been that slow creep from silent defense shields in place to tiny snippets of less awkward conversation sometimes accompanied by an o...